Amped Wireless routers are some of the best functioning routers in the market. They provide a very reliable and user friendly experience. The Amped Wireless routers are initially required by the user to physically setup and login to the router. By logging in to the router, the user can gain access to the basic configurations of the router and personalize their network that is most suitable to their needs. The user can also gain access to the advanced features of the router and use them to further configure their router and secure their network. The user can simply login using www.setup.ampedwireless.com and entering the default information whenever prompted. For most of the Amped Wireless routers, the username and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password will be case sensitive.
Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, there are a few recommended settings that the user must do in order for the network to be secured. The user must change the default username and password of the router. This way, the user’s network will be kept secured from any unauthorized users from accessing the network without the user’s permission. The user must also update the firmware for their router. The firmware is basically the software that runs the hardware of the router. The firmware orchestrates all the functions regarding the router. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The firmware update makes sure that the security on the router stays up to date to ensure that the router network isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats.
Here, we will help the users configure their router by providing the step by step processes to setup and login, to reset and to update the firmware of the Amped Wireless router using www.setup.ampedwireless.com admin login page.
Troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router.
- Now, connect the desktop computer/laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable.
- Reboot all the three devices. Wait for them to finish booting up.
- Now, go to any internet browser and type setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar. The admin login page will appear.
- There, the user will have to enter the default information whenever asked. The default username and password are “admin” for both the cases.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the Setup Wizard will appear. The user can simply follow the simple on screen instructions to complete the initial setup process.
- Now, the user will have successfully logged in to the router. From here, the user can further configure their network as they desire.
Once the user has successfully setup and logged in to their router, the user will be able to access the advanced features as well as the default configurations of the router and make the desired changes.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router:
- The reset button is located at the back of the router within a very small hole. It may be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a pin, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after ten seconds.
- Once the power LED light is turned on and becomes stable, the router will have been restored to its factory default settings.
Once the router has been reset, the personalized settings of the user will also be restored to the default settings. The process cannot be repeated once the router has been reset.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router:
- Open an internet browser and type setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar to access the admin login page.
- Enter the default credentials in the spaces provided whenever asked by the admin login page.
- The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to their router, the web based interface will appear.
- Click the More Settings tab. Now, click the Management option from the left side of the menu.
- Go to the Firmware Update option. Click the Check Now option to find the latest firmware file for the router.
- Once the router has found a new firmware update, follow the simple on screen instructions to update the firmware.
- Once the router has finished updating, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router as they desire.
Once the firmware has been updated, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Do not download the firmware from any third party websites as they may contain malicious content.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update process as it can damage the router and may even render the router useless.